Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday Jan 31st

Family drama in the morning which usually results in me seeking comfort in food. Since I'm out and about I go to my favorite mom/pop restaurant for breakfast. I get an omelet, rye toast and sliced tomatoes.  Very proud of myself for not resorting to my usual stress/emotional eating of high carb/ high fat foods with little nutritional value.  

Figuring getting all sweaty will take my mind off food, I meet with a trainer to talk about some personal training sessions. Since I have the low back, neck and shoulder issues I want professional help to figure out strength training exercises that I can do. I can actually do a lot of strength training without hurting myself and boy did he make me work!  Ended up doing 25 minutes of strength training and 30 minutes cardio. Tired and sweaty but VERY proud of my now not-so wimpy self.  Still having those flu-like symptoms but do an additional 15 minutes of water aerobics and 1 1/2 laps in the pool.

Still feeling somewhat sickly and needing to nap. Maybe its my body objecting to the dramatic decrease in carbs. Cooking up some kale, LOVE it. Finish the day again under my goal with 33 calories to spare!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home