Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday...

Didn't exercise today, just did a bunch of stretching and range of motion exercises because in addition to feeling "off",  I was so sore from the trainer yesterday.  Since I'm limited in some of the exercises I can do I had to do a squat, take a step then a squat and a step and so on around the ENTIRE track. My quads hurt the worst but some heat and stretching really helped. lets hope they skip them tomorrow! 

Craving bread today!  Had a piece of almond butter toast for breakfast with 7 sprouted grains bread. The nuttiness of the bread is perfect with peanut or almond butter. YUMMY. Some Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel bread (sprouted), satisfied my sweet tooth! These kind of breads takes some getting used to for some because it's made of sprouted grains rather than flour. Perfect for me though because I'm not a white bread kinda gal.....prefer substance over bland.

Since I'm still a little under-the-weather I don't have much appetite.  I tallied my calories and got a warning that I was under recommended diet limit of 1200 calories that could cause my body to go into starvation mode.   Also the "If every day were like today...You'd weigh xxx lbs in 5 weeks" was almost TWO pounds higher than yesterday even though I ate less calories. Must be taking the "starvation mode" into consideration or else it's a glitch.  Regardless if it being a glitch or not I added calories to meet the 1200 calories per day.  The key is to get healthy and not providing my body with enough nutrients and calories would be counter productive.

Craving some sweetness at the end of the day I had a small piece of a dark chocolate/chia seed/cinnamon bar. It was so good.  S  AND still met my calorie goals.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home