Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Friday, February 3, 2012

TGIF

Didn't blog yesterday since I was so busy at work and worked late.  Anticipating the possibility of working late I packed my lunch with enough food to save for dinner. Previously if I was late at work I would be so hungry that I'd stop and get fast food on the way home or I'd get home and eat way too much, way too late.   A little bit of pre-planning and a small stash of healthy food in the work refrigerator kept me from falling back into that trap again.
By the time I got home all I needed was a small snack.

My hubby dragged out my treadmill that's been gathering dust and put it downstairs for me to use with the distraction of the TV so help keep me going.  My sciatica is really bad now,  limped around work most of the day yesterday. Think all those squats Tuesday was a bad idea. I did manage a half hour on the treadmill at a slow pace last night though.    Any exercise is better than none. I only managed 15 minutes this morning before leaving for work before the pain got too bad.  May need another trip to pain management :-(.

I have to give up the idea of a personal trainer because we unexpectedly have to help out some family members and so there's no longer room in the budget for a trainer.  All bummed out but Hubby said to look on the bright side, we're always helping someone or another, so hopefully we'll make it to Heaven, LOL. Thank goodness I have options through LightenUp for organized exercise!  Stopped by Pulse and decided to do a couch potato exercise class tomorrow. Prior to that Slim & Fit has a Saturday boot camp that I'll try to hobble through.  I also check out the Y.

Doing great on the diet without cravings now.  I'm doing a lower carb diet, not very low carb because that's too hard for me.  I did eat about 14g carbs over what I'd planned on yesterday but it was all good carbs.  Added fish oil caps because I ended up eating very low fat and that's not my goal either. I want a nice amount of healthy fats to get the health benefits. I'd forgotten about the avocado in the frig, it has lots of good fats.

So far this week I've totally maintained my diet!!! Yeah! Happy dance!  I haven't gone over my calorie limit and have even had to add foods at the end of the day to meet the limit. 

Next challenge will be the weekend.  It's going to be a hectic, stressful one so and I WILL get through it with flying colors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home