Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Round one to Betty Boop

Headline: Betty Boop won a knockout round tonight against Miss Piggy as they battled in Margaret Pizzi's mind.

Driving home late this evening I had quite a battle going on in my head.  I wanted to cheat on my diet so bad, right out of the blue!!!  The "Miss Piggy" part of me kept justifying why I should break my diet, "Moi's done so well, moi deserves a break, moi's lost weight", "come on, can just one time really hurt, Moi's hungry!", "Moi can get a burger, just skip the fries and the bread".......  

Thank goodness "Betty Boop" came to the rescue, "You want curves again don't you, rather than be a big beach ball?", "don't you want to feel just a little bit sexy again? (wink, wink)", "wouldn't it be fun to have enough energy to dance all night?"" Boop-boop-boop-ee-doop !"

The battle raged, that annoying, demanding little "Piggy" voice, throwing a temper wanting to get her way and the bubbly, curvy, sexy "Betty" part of me hiding somewhere inside. Finally, got myself home and "Miss Piggy" was kicked to the curb.  I'm sure they'll battle again in the future but I'll remember this night and how "Miss Piggy" lost and know it'll be easier next time.   Especially since I've now learned I can't be careless and will make sure I meet my calorie goals because bodies need fuel.  I've also got to make sure I drink enough water!  I've read that sometimes thirst can disguise itself as hunger.

Post's a little weird I know but I'm a "unique" individual (wink, wink)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home