Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Difficult day

Well yesterday sure was a challenge! 

I struggled so badly the night before and just couldn't figure out why suddenly I'm so famished.  I tried to correct the mistakes I'd made the last couple days (not enough calories, not enough water) but I was STILL hungry.  I even increased my calories!

My diligence in documenting all my food came in handy.  Looking over the nutritional value over last couple days I'd realized that I'd inadvertently started eating way too many carbs, even though they were good ones, and not enough protein or fats. I wasn't tracking fiber at all!  Protein & fat helps satiety and fiber is filling.    

I correcting my diet yesterday racked up my calorie count to near maintenance but I didn't wake up like I'm feeling starved today.  I'm anticipating lunch already not because I'm hungry but because its going to be so yummy, chicken & asparagus..hmmmm

Betty Boop surfaces again.  My last blog discussed the battle she had with Miss Piggy.  I went to Target before work today and go down those first couple aisles in the front of the store and what do I find??? Betty Boop office supplies!!  Pencils, notepads, post-its, a notebook!  Yes, of course I bought them silly...looks like Betty's going to continue to guide me back to an hourglass figure!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Craig said...

Margaret, this is Craig I'm in the challenge also. I use loseit.com to track all that I'm eating and it also adjusts for excercise. Might help you track things easier. Keep up the good work!

February 9, 2012 at 12:07 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home