Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Met some goals and it feels good!

Well I managed to keep my goal of over 10,000 steps a day, which I ended up increasing to 5miles a day for the last 7 days! Well, that's if I average, LOL. Yesterday was the only day I didn't make it because I felt under the weather. Only managed 2.74 miles but I did climb 11 flights.  

I managed to total 43.59 miles for the 7 days which isn't too bad. My best day was Saturday. I logged 9.59 miles. I was up cleaning late and really made the 10 but the clock rolled over to midnight and the rest of my miles reset for the next day :-(

The goal for the next week is to make it a full 7 days instead of 6 with the walking and add a minimum of stair, hill or ramp climbing. I have the FitBit Ultra and it counts all elevations. I'm managed 94 floors the last week, even doing 23 flights in one day but missed making my 10 flights a day goal twice.

I know zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... really snoozy blog but goals are important when you are trying to get healthy even if it's just walking DOWN the stairs rather than taking the elevator. You don't have to start with anything big but you can't complete a goal if you never start one!

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.  ~Henry Ford


Goals are dreams with deadlines.  ~Diana Scharf Hunt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home