Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

today's thoughts

Yes, I'm blogging again today.  I don't know if anyone reads these especially since the blogging has tapered off so much the last few months but I'm making sure this is at the top of my priority list for the 11 days then the contest will be over.

I had a wonderful lunch. When you finally adjust to making better dietary choices you can find some healthier but completely awesome meals.  I'm finding that I really prefer the changes and they don't make me feel so weighed down or tired after eating.  You should feel better after eating NOT worse.  It you feel worse then you really need to reassess your diet.

I adore a certain chicken piccata dish, it's boneless chicken breasts lightly floured, browned and then there's this yummy sauce made with olive oil, lemon juice and capers and artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes are added.  Normally we eat it over pasta. Last night I had mine without it but with a side of cauliflower.  It was really good but something was missing

I brought leftovers for lunch and poured it over a cooked kale. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever eaten. Puts the pasta to shame! I don't think I'll ever eat it with pasta again, even when I go back to eating pasta occasionally, whole wheat of course!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great. Or try keenwah (really speller with a q as in quinoa or something like that)

July 17, 2012 at 11:48 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home