Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Friday, July 13, 2012

MOVING FORWARD

Only TWO more weeks and I'm really setting my goals high. I'm still having major pain issues but I'm VERY stubborn and have decided I'm no longer going to let the pain hold me back. Despite being in a ton of pain yesterday I made a goal of trying to get in at least 10,000 steps at least 3-5 times a week. 

I REALLY had to force myself to get started yesterday especially since it was so hot and I had pain but I started out by going for a walk at lunch. My walk included going up the Mayfield Rd hill in Little Italy. That's one steep hill!  The vibrations of the trucks and even the sounds of motorcycles made my pain worse but I kept going.  By the end of the day between walking at lunch, after work, the treadmill at the Y, the ramps in the garage and steps I managed to go 15417 steps, 23 floors, and 6.54 miles!

Today I got up I went to the Y for the early 45 minute water fitness class.  I went back later to try and get closer to my 10,000 step goal and ended exceeding it. So far I'm over 13,000 steps and close to 6 miles. Maybe I can exceed yesterday's numbers by the end of the day.

My diet is going well also!  Absolutely no slipups since my epiphany earlier in the week. 

Happy Friday the 13th!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home