Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Johnnycake Jog

I had a great time at the Johnnycake Jog walk. It was really nice to see Desirea there. I hear Mike was there too for the race but I didn't hear of or see any of our other Lighten Up gang.

My daughter-in-law Lisa came to walk with me. It was fun to see all the runners take off to start their run. It's hard to describe the excitement to be there. Desirea, Lisa and I made it to the front of the line for the walkers. It was exhilarating when everyone took off although we, the walkers, really weren't competing against anyone but ourselves. 

The morning was overcast so we didn't have the sun beating down on us and we did get some nice breezes. We tried to walk fast so I worked up a sweat so next year I think I'll wear shorts and go sleeveless. There were people along the way that watched and some gave water and some people had even put up signs of encouragement.  One sign said something like "you're doing great (or something like that), most people are still in bed" , LOL. That was my favorite!!!!

We ended up with a time of about 51 minutes. Someone blocked my view but that's what Lisa said. I'll see what our time is for sure when published. I don't think that's too bad considering my short legs AND because in a bonehead move yesterday "I just had to get in 10 miles", I can add a blister on my right toe and hip bursitis from doing too much.

I did lots of running around including taking the kids to the Luau themed open house at the Y and a baseball picnic so I ended up with 6 miles again so I'm still keeping up with my 10,000 steps a day minimum. As a reward because I've been doing so well I took a cheat day and ate close to maintenance and allowed myself fun stuff like a couple pieces of pizza, 2 small no bake cookies and a hard lemonade.

I'm back on my strict diet tomorrow and I hope to keep up my >10,000 steps a day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home