Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Shout out to the participants of the Johnnycake Jog

Looked up my results today. Gets me a just little teary .

I ended up with a placement of 170 out of 275.  My official time was 50:03.8 that's 3.66mph for a 5k.  

So congrats to everyone who did the Johnnycake. It doesn't matter if we had a good walk or run time or a not so good time (there's no "bad" time in my opinion), it's absolutely wonderful that we did it. Like one of the signs said yesterday, some people were "still in BED" or didn't walk because it was hot outside or were afraid it might rain! We put ourselves out there and we decided to challenge ourselves and we should be proud!!! Especially the walkers that were over 70 years old! There were a surprising number and a lot had better times than I did. Heck there was an 80yr old guy that finished 101st!

Before this all started I needed to push a grocery cart just to walk around the store. Honestly. Even if we were just browsing or I was picking up just a couple small things I needed to push the cart because I was so tired and would get so short of breath. Actually I would push a cart around the stores sometimes just to get some exercise because I needed something to hold onto when doing it.  I can still remember the surprise on my husbands face when we went to Target one day after I started losing weight and getting more active and he pushed the cart towards me and I said "thanks, but I don't need it". Boy, did I smile. 

Every time you make the choice to be more active you are making the choice to be healthier. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home