Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

FEELING looooowwww

So depressed that my scale just isn't moving. How can that be true when I'm doing everything right?  It's really getting me down and I've even eaten some "bad" carbs. 

I am getting so strong now doing all the strength conditioning though and cardio.  I can do so much more and last so much longer.  Last Monday I did a Zumba class, "Balls and Bands" and then did 45 minutes of strength training.  Thursday I did a Zumba class, did a 3 mile walk at lunch (3/4 of a mile of it was uphill) then did an hour of cardio at the Y. Friday I did TWO water fitness classes.  There's no way I could do a fraction of that before. BEFORE I would be short of breath just WALKING up to the 3rd floor women's locker room at the Y. 

I make sure to do strength training 3 days a week.  Now sometimes I have to INCREASE the weights after someone else rather than lower them. Last night after Zumba I tried TRX. Have you ever seen people doing it? It looks so intimidating.  I was able to do it. Actually the instructor was impressed at my ability and even commented on my form. 

Now I know muscle weighs more than fat and I know that even though the numbers aren't changing my percentage of fat is. SUPPOSEDLY the extra metabolism from the muscle will even things out and you will lose weight. Well I'm getting tired of waiting. I have made sure that I'm getting in the protein and making sure I don't eat too little calories. Last week I even changed my fitness routine so that I had 4 days of intense exercise and 3 days of rest. No change.

Yesterday I wore a pair of jeans to work that were a size 14.  I didn't have to unbutton and unzip to pull them down so I'm losing inches.  I've made such progress I don't see how I can just throw all the fitness stuff aside to lose the pounds.

So I'm feeling looooowwww and don't know what to do but WAIT.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Joni said...

Whatever you do, DO NOT STOP what you are doing! You are toning and building up the muscles of your body and you are loosing inches. Don't obsess over the scale right now. As your metabolism increases from the weight training, your weight loss will catch up. With added muscle mass, it will be easier to keep the weight off when you do lose it. I can't tell you how proud I am of you Sis. You are going to run me ragged next year on vacation! :D

June 26, 2012 at 8:19 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home