Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Temporarily derailed but back on track

Well, the weigh-in didn't do me any favors.  I guess since the 1st weigh-in was over I mentally gave myself a free pass. 

My grandson Devin's birthday was Sunday and I had pizza and birthday cake.  I did play laser tag and 2 games of bowling but I doubt that made up for the extra calories.  In addition to that I've been sick with bronchitis and just wanted "comfort" foods. Fortunately I didn't go completely bonkers over-eating but my diet definitely took a major derailment.

I was feeling down then read , last years winner sent us and pointed out that he wasn't perfect all the time either. Thanks Mike!  I ate a healthy breakfast and bypassed McDs. I will eat a healthy lunch and dinner.

What counts is getting back on track when you're "derailed".  So I'm going to be the "little engine the could" but instead of saying "I think I can, I think I can" it will be "I KNOW I CAN, I KNOW I CAN".  I KNOW I can do this.  Sometimes I may be a little slower or feel like it's a uphill battle but I did it the first month losing 14.8 pounds and I can do it again.

This time next month my "caboose" will be yet a little bit smaller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home