Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Monday, February 20, 2012

"Monday, Monday can't trust that day.."

Hoping that Monday evening my "make up" diet will still be here with me..

Since Hubby was working the evening of our Valentine's anniversary we went out to dinner Sunday night.  We'd had a gift certificate to a fondue restaurant prior to me deciding on this weight loss adventure and we chose to use it.

The four course dinner was heavenly, especially the fondues of course. We chose the Brie & Jarlsberg for our cheese fondue and had the chocolate for dessert. Unfortunately although I was careful in my choices of things to dip for the most part (did eat some bread though) I figure the whole meal was probably a couple days worth of diet calories for me when I did a look up on calorie counts (fondue calories are so high).

"....but whenever Monday comes, you can find me cryin' all of the time..."

But seriously I'm really OK with it.  It was a special occasion and it was only ONE day. Everyone needs food for fuel but sometimes it's also used in celebration and I'm not going to deprive myself of that.  I'm certainly not going to make a habit of it either.  I admit this was a poor choice while on a diet but I didn't want to waste the gift certificate.

So... since I'm on this weight loss challenge that means I really need to make up for those extra calories used  :-( and so my new "make up" diet for the week.  Hopefully by Monday evening I'll still be with my temporary additional calorie restriction.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home