Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

a watched scale never budges?

I HATE my scale.  Wish you had a FB account so that I could "de-friend" you!

I am going to stop weighing myself every day because it's driving me NUTS.  Although I had chocolate on my Valentines Day anniversary I compensated with other food and ended up below the amount of calories to maintain my weight.  A GOOD thing.  Yesterday I ate less than my 1200-1400 calories to make up for it and today the scale says I GAINED a pound!   What the heck! A BAAAD thing!

I do know that weight can fluctuate (or maybe my scale) and I assume (pray) it's just temporary. Some may say "it's only a pound" BUT when you are striving to lose at least 1-2 pounds a week it's alarming!!  It's Thursday and I don't even have my pound yet!

So I'm using the same philosophy as "a watched pot never boils" and hope it's just "a watched scale never budges" kinda thing and ignoring the darn thing til Saturday.

I'm also going to work harder at drinking more water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home