Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Monday, March 26, 2012

I Believe I Can Fly

"If I can see it, then I can do it,
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it
I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky" by R Kelly

I've decided to try picture something every day to help my motivation.   Try challenging yourself to do the same.

It could be your young child's/grandchild's face that is your motivation. Imagining still being around for their children and grandchildren.

It could be a picture of a beach and you imagine yourself having the energy to spend the day running in and out of the waves with your dog.

It could be a vacation. Picturing yourself strong and healthy enough to make it to the top of the pyramid at Chichen Itza (we did years ago, thought I was going to DIE-not sure if they still allow it).

I can imagine myself feeling sexy for a change on romantic evening with hubby (I'm wearing a RED dress since I won't have to wear black to make me look thinner anymore).

I imagine the look in my husband's eyes when he's thinking' "Oh she's lookin' hot" LOL.

It could be running a mile or running the bases with the kids without feeling short of breath.

It could be that brand new retro look cruiser bike I've promised myself when I get under 200 pounds! (I can see myself hoping my grandkids can keep up with me riding that bike!)

I can imagine myself fit and happy instead of fat, tired and miserable.

Now to the song.  I know it's not talking about my transition to a healthy lifestyle but I can still get inspiration from it. No matter how hard it may be, I believe I can do it. I can fly above all that's holding me back.

"If I can see it, then I can do it, if I just believe it, there's nothing to it".

Well, I've gotta go spread my wings.....and fly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home