Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thank God for LightenUp 2012

I'm an emotional eater and if it wasn't for the accountability by being in LightenUp2012 I'd be in big trouble. The major problem has been eating when stressed or upset which happens a lot in my soap opera life. 

I have an urgent doctors appt later (losing vision in my right eye) and after speaking to the insurance company.... lets just say with the health insurance changes many employers are providing now, paying 15% not counting high deductibles, co-pays, facility fees etc... just be very grateful if you have good health care coverage.  That coupled with the DARN SCALE not moving (obviously the conversation with my Mind and Body did no good) and the "daily drama"...really has me on edge.

I practically RAN to the work cafeteria after I got off the phone. Luckily for me it was the change-over between breakfast and lunch and there was little available but prepackaged stuff.  It gave me some time to come to my senses. 

I'm so frustrated that I have met a plateau already. I've lost little since the last weigh-in. That's all it can be really because if you run the numbers I should be losing at least a couple pounds a week.  Some days the scale moves UP! Out of desperation I took the day off yesterday and did a marathon workout hoping it would shock my system or something and move those numbers down at least a smidgen.

I started with Gentle Yoga at 6am then joined an arthritis water fitness group, burned off 171 calories on the treadmill, did a regular water fitness class, took the dogs for a 2 mile walk with my husband and did another water fitness class.  It came to a calorie expenditure of over 1200 calories and the scale still didn't budge this morning.

So here I am today just wanting to cheat or quit all together with all that's going on lately. Thanks to Lighten Up 2012 I won't no matter how tempting it is.  

I don't want everyone to think of me as a quitter I WANT TO BE A LOSER!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home