Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Making exercise progress with FitBit Ultra

Didn't really get much exercise all week so I had a major exercise "high" after my Sat 11:15am Zumba class!  You've really gotta try it. It's so much fun even if you have two left feet like me. It made me really motivated for the rest of the day. 

In addition to the Zumba class I did walking, practiced some Zumba moves and worked out for well over an hour practicing movements with a beginner belly dance DVD. I know what some may be thinking so I won't keep you guessing...of course I bought a coin hip scarf to go with it! The jingling makes it all the more fun!  Boy did I get in a major arm and core workout !  I'm really sore today but plan to work on it again tonight.

I bought a wireless activity & sleep monitor called FitBit Ultra.  It's really helped keep me motivated too. I was so proud to make or exceed my goals yesterday.  I managed to get in 13856 steps and 14 floors climbed.  It gave me badges for floors climbed and steps.  One of the goals it has is to keep a digital flower alive by walking and being active. I grew my flower to all 8 leaves!  All together I traveled 6.49 miles and burned 2703 calories (includes BMR, the base calories burned based on your ht, wt and activity level)!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home