Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I DID it!

Pat myself on the back.

I made it to the 6am Gentle Yoga class at TriPoint.  My hubby even went out and bought me a pretty Yoga mat last night so I couldn't let it go to waste!  With my muscles and flexibility being so rigid it was a better choice for me.  I was able to do the class with some minor adjustments. I'm just wound too tight at this point.  The weakness in my muscles and "core" are so glaringly evident but I felt totally awesome by the end.  I know it will get better and better each week.  I even told my co-worker not to be surprised if she comes in and and I'm standing on one foot in my cubicle!

Micheal, another contestant pointed out that we have more days before weigh-in this month compared to last.  Good thing because I was sick and lost some ground.  I've only lost 2 pounds so far but any loss is better than a gain.  I am proud that I made it to two Zumba classes (one at Pulse and one at TriPoint) and then this Yoga class since Saturday.  That is a MAJOR step for me so I treated myself to one of the offerings on the Low-carb section of the menu at Cracker Barrel on the way to work this morning!

I'm making baby steps but still moving FORWARD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home