Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Color me PURPLE

Feeling really "blue" but getting closer to "in the pink" (perfect health).
Does that make me
shades of PURPLE? (silly me) but purple is my favorite color so I'm goin' with it.


Blue because I've literally been working my butt off with no weight change. I guess I need to step things up and re-assess my intake.  Too much? Too little? I have no idea.

I missed doing any cardio yesterday so today I got up for the 6am Zumba class at the YMCA. It was the first time I tried it and it was so hard. It's not a low impact class like I'm used to but Zumba burns off so many calories that I struggled through. It was a challenge but I certainly will try to add this class to my weekly schedule. 

Needing to get in my 3 days of weights this week I followed with strength training for 50 minutes this morning.  I was even able to increase some of my weights and I had them add a third set on 2 machines. I may regret that when I go back on Saturday!  By then I've started thinking I must be crazy for doing all this BEFORE work but by the time I got there I still had enough energy to walk down all those sets of stairs in the parking garage without tripping over my own feet, LOL.  Walking down stairs takes longer and probably doesn't burn many calories but "am I using more muscles doing things this way?" is a frequent thought and whenever I can do anything to exercise muscles, even if it's something simple, it's got to be a good thing.

I took the rest day yesterday because my grandson Devin had a baseball game after I got off work. Tuesday I couldn't wait to exercise after work so I went for a 3 mile walk at lunch. Three quarters of a mile in the beginning of the walk was up a really steep hill and it was so hot out!  I didn't even need to stop and take a breather the entire walk!  That made me feel great! Such an improvement from the last time I attempted the hill. I even had the energy to walk up 6 sets of ramps to my car after work.

So in summary, my weight is not moving and I'm sure my third place is getting shaky so it's got me down, but I'm stronger and healthier so I shouldn't worry so much right? Please say "yes"!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Diane. Faehnrich said...

I'm still so proud of you! Good job!

June 21, 2012 at 11:17 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home