Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Friday, May 18, 2012

VACATION

Haven't been blogging because I'm on vacation in Tennessee with my sisters and having a blast!  I've tried to be pretty good on my diet but it's hard and I have eaten some things I shouldn't but I haven't been totally out of control. 

I was very bad not exercising the weekend and the beginning of the week except for a little bit of swimming but then we decided to work on that. On Wednesday we walked up to Laurel Falls in the Smoky Mountains. It was quite a hike but so beautiful. I did get to see some black bears in the distance.

Getting in better shape has also given me motivation to further push myself.  I am very afraid of heights. I've forced myself to go on a ferris wheel with the kids in the past but I find it very scary and it makes my heart flutter. Yesterday I was determined to go Zip Lining! Yeah ZIP LINING for someone afraid of heights.  I was really scared the first jump. By line number four I tried zipping hanging upside down and did it a short period of time. By line six which was 1100 feet I was zipping down the mountain hanging upside down with my arms out like a bird at least half the way! I think they said that one could reach speeds up to 45mph. I told my sisters I started out with screams of fear and ended with screams of joy!

Today we are waiting for another sister so we are staying in doing Wii Zumba and belly dancing.  Later we may go gocart racing and karaoke (which I always wanted to do but have also been too self conscious to try). I'm definitely going to try to get in some water fitness too. Tomorrow its more hiking to another waterfall and I may also do some hiking on Sunday. I really have to step up my exercise routine!

Well I've gotta get back to my sisters!!!

My sister Dee heard a quote that seems appropriate for our "adventure" that goes something like,  "If you don't take chances you won't have stories to tell" 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home