Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

THREE DAYS

Well the really good thing about this weekend is that I FINALLY met a trainer at the gym for weight training Saturday!  I have been reading about weight training and how you really shouldn't do it more than 3 days a week and I'm REALLY happy to hear that! 

I MADE IT TO STRENGTH TRAINING THE THREE DAYS THIS WEEK! That's a really big deal for me since I loathe formal exercise.  No biggie in the amount of weights but it's a start.  So now I think I can handle some weights 3 days a week (I did it one week so I can do it the next) although I'd rather spend my time doing the fun stuff. 

The thing that really made me change my mind about strength training was noticing a bit more flabby skin on my underarms from weight loss last week.  I lost weight fast the first month and started to notice looseness (or could have been my paranoia) and so increased my calories a bit because I REALLY have this wrinkles and "bat wing" phobia.  My beloved grandmother lost a bunch of weight and had bat wings so bad I'm surprised they didn't fly up and put an eye out!  Just kidding but they really were BAD and I remember people staring when she went sleeveless.  It may have made me over self conscious. I'm worried about my inner thighs flapping too although less so than my arms because that's so much easier to hide and I go sleeveless much of the summer.  So anyway I've decided to try to fill up some of that that flabby skin with muscle since there's so way I can afford plastic surgery.  Again, not much weight yet but I'll bulk up these flabby arms some if it's the last thing I do!

Not too sure what to do about potential wrinkles though.  My daughter has a friend that lost about a hundred pounds and ended up looking about 10 years older!  It may be that's it's inevitable since there won't be as much fat to fill in the wrinkle lines. I'm literally slathering on moisturizer which I guess at my age I should have been doing all along.  Also taking better care to get in all the nutrients I should which I also should have been doing all along.  What else can I do? Facial pushups maybe, LOL. 
Hey, there ARE muscles in your face so....I'll check with the trainer next time I go.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home