Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Progress noted!

Choked up after Zumba class today. The instructor spoke to me after class and said she usually doesn't say anything but she is impressed about my progress getting in shape. She says I "shine" now and look so much younger than my actual age!  I think the 35lbs lost is minor compared to the improvement in my fitness level and the change in the quality of my life. 

Saturday I spent the day playing with my grandchildren and my grandson Connor wanted to race and no one wanted to race him. He didn't even ask me since "grandma doesn't run". He looked so sad I raced him!  I raced him on the football field from goal post to goal post, 120 yards!  No I didn't keel over. I didn't wheeze, I laughed! After a few minutes we ran back!!!  240 yards total!  

Yesterday I did a 2 hr ZumaThon for charity with my daughter-in-law. Can't believe a mere 4 months ago I was so tired it was a struggle to get out of bed!

I was so happy she acknowledged my progress after Zumba I celebrated by doing my first attempt at interval training through the neighborhood with my oldest grandson.  We did our own personalized special version with 8 sprints, alternating with walking, walking BACKWARDS and skipping (yes I skipped and giggled like a school girl with my grandson when I was doing it)...for 1.25 miles. Not bad for a fat 55yo grandmother of 8!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home