Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Monday, April 16, 2012

"You feel like a candle in a hurricane..."

Yeah, things have been very rough this month and I've been careening out of control.  More backwards than forwards.  I've been so tired and unmotivated.  Not eating right. Falling back into bad habits. Not getting sleep. Been letting big disappointments and life challenges get me down.  On top of it I've been struggling with bronchitis most of the month AGAIN which has been just too much.

Mike (last years winner), sent us all a motivating email today which really helped.  Also I'm taking my motivation from one of my favorite Rascal Flatts songs called "Stand", it's awesome!  I haven't played it for a while but I should because it alwayslifts me up.

You feel like a candle in a hurricane  
Just like a picture with a broken frame  
Alone and helpless like you've lost your fight  
But you'll be alright, you'll be alright  

CHORUS:  
'Cause when push comes to shove  
You taste what you're made of  
You might bend, till you break  
Cause its all you can take  
On your knees you look up  
Decide you've had enough  
You get mad you get strong  
Wipe your hands shake it off  
Then you Stand, then you stand 

Life's like a novel w
ith the end ripped out  
The edge of a canyon with only one way down  
Take what you're given before its gone  
And start holding on, keep holding on 

see CHORUS

Every time you get up  
And get back in the race  
One more small piece of you  
Starts to fall into place, yeah 

see CHORUS

So I'm brushing myself off and I'm STANDING and getting back in this race!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home