Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I'm SUNK! no swimming :-(

Haven't blogged because I had my eye surgery yesterday morning and it was hard to see with my eye shield.  My surgery went well but they couldn't get one corner of my cataract out.  It's a little difficult to get used to this new lens!  It's a little bit smaller than a natural lens so I can see the edge out of the corner of my eye but it doesn't affect my vision.  It's also so bright, like someone put in a 100 watt bright white light bulb in the surgical eye and there's a 75watt bulb in the other.  It's going to take some getting used to for the next 3 weeks I guess for the brain/eye adjustment.  Had some eye strain in my left eye too because of the suddenness of the loss of vision in the right eye already. The headaches have probably gotten a little worse but we'll see now that the eye shield is off.

Bad news is the no exercising, bending, lifting etc for the next week. No ZUMBA this week . NO SWIMMING FOR A MONTH!!!  That is definitely bad news.  We'll see what the doctor thinks when she checks things out again in a few weeks.  Til then I guess I'd better get my walking shoes on! 

1 Comments:

Anonymous san antonio personal trainer said...

Hope you are getting better after your eye surgery and like to say swimming is best exercise to burn calories and helps in reducing weight. Swimming increase acrobatic capacity and makes arms, shoulders, back and chest muscles strong.

July 3, 2012 at 10:34 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home