Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Friday, April 6, 2012

a week of slumps, been "down in the dumps"

Just call me Melancholy Margaret/Maggie/Peggy.

Today I'm working on getting out of my slump. It's been a tough week.  I haven't blogged much and I've found that doing so usually helps keep me on task so that probably hasn't helped matters.

I had a cheat meal after weigh-in that then resulted in a whole cheat DAY.  Of course then it's Sunday so "I may as well get started again on Monday".  Monday was OK, but we went out to eat after surgery and I slept a good part of the day after that so certainly didn't burn off any calories.  Tuesday was a disaster because of some intense family drama that resulted in emotional eating.  Wednesday I'd kept the calories down to maintenance but not healthy food (McDonald's bacon, egg & cheese biscuit was 420 calories!). Better yesterday but I'm still having trouble getting out of the fast food rut.  I had 2 breakfast burritos for breakfast (600 calories) and for dinner I had a Big Mac without the bun (330 calories but 26gm fat).  At least I ate a healthy lunch!

Today I'm determined to get back on the right track.  Drove a different way to work so I avoided McDonald's.  Ate a healthy breakfast and when I'm done here I'm going to get some green tea. I already drank a diet Coke :-(.

The "no lifting, bending, etc, no exercise for the week" has really gotten to me.  I think the "diet" went out the window with the exercise because not doing so has really affected my mood.  I'm surprised at how much my regular exercise routine meant to me.  I didn't really notice, it's just something I did certain days without much thinking. Some simple stretching hasn't really helped at all. I'm aching all over, headaches, can't sleep.  I can go for a walk but it's cold outside and I'm always cold lately so I haven't felt motivated to do so.

Still depressed about not being able to swim for a month.  I know the pool water is treated but my eye doctor thinks that there's still a risk of infection if I swim.  It really helped my aches and pains (lots of neck and back problems) especially since I'd go to the whirlpool afterwards to further try to work out the kinks.  I'll give it a week then I think I'll at least do water exercises in the pool without putting my face in the water wearing goggles to prevent getting splashed in the eye.  I don't think it would be smart to swim even with goggles on in case they leak.

Well, today it's fairly nice outside so maybe I'll take a walk at lunch and maybe it will raise my spirits... "Sunshine on My Shoulders Make Me Happy...." 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home