Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Friday, April 27, 2012

weekend fun

Well the next weigh-in is tomorrow but unfortunately I won't get to see my fellow contestants :-(.

My 7yo grandson is competing at an out of town ATA regional karate tournament tomorrow morning.  It's his first tournament as a "Karate Kid", previously being a "Tiny Tiger".  He's a Brown belt as of last weekend and all excited.  He's working hard on his form to try to place so my daughter and I decided to stay at the nearby water park this weekend as a treat.

I am soooo looking forward to the water park because I haven't been able to do any "play" with the kids or workouts in the water since my eye surgery (Dr's orders because of the risk of infection).  Tomorrow will be 4 weeks out of water so I'll probably be as excited as the kids at the park!  Hopefully I won't add any pounds though because I've been to these places before and they are extremely diet UN-friendly!  I don't want to be a "buzz kill" either so if they want to buy a pizza I'll just have to force (chuckle chuckle) myself to eat a piece. Guess I'll see on Monday how I managed.

I hope everyone managed to lose weight this month. I know it's been a struggle for many of us especially myself.  I ended up gaining at the beginning of the month but lost those pounds and then a few more.  I've turned things around and that's what counts.  We're half way there and I'm still on track to my personal goal!

Good Luck everyone!

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home