Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Crash Diet

I'm not on a crash diet, my diet CrAsHeD. AND burned. BIG time. (fanning smoke out of my eyes)

I'm really sick with bronchitis that's progressed from my sinus and allergies and just didn't care about eating right again this weekend.  Saturday we took my grandson to Chick-fil-a after karate and I had some waffle fries with cheese dipping sauce. Had a big Mac without the bun and a small fry at McDonalds after I ran to the grocery store yesterday.

Easter dinner really did me in. I adore bread.  I had TWO large rolls (egg twist w poppy seeds and a pumpernickel).  I also love potatoes and had some cheesy potato casserole too. Add some starchy corn on the cob. By the end of the day I'd added a piece of apple pie and 2 pieces of key lime pie (my absolute fav).  I drank a whole lot of diet coke.

Today I feel TERRIBLE. Achy, no energy, feeling fat and bloated.  Eating all those "bad" foods & carbs made me feel worse instead of better.  It wasn't worth it.  I have to remind myself that this is how I felt every day before I started eating healthy.  I have to remind myself how much energy I had eating healthy and exercising. I don't like this feeling.

Last night I cooked several days worth of healthy meals so we'd only have to warm something up. Today I brought a lot of healthy food to work. I can start exercising again today and I'm going to an exercise class tonight even though these allergies/bronchitis have made me sick.  I'm going to take a walk at lunch. It won't be 100% effort but I'll just do the best I can. It's better than nothing.

It makes me sad that I missed so many days getting off track.  But I guess it's kind of like falling off the wagon. I just have to get back on.  That's the mistake I've made in the past.  I fell down and didn't get back up.  I'd wallow in my failure. Today I'm brushing myself off (all those crumbs!) and climbing back on.


You always pass failure on your way to success.  ~Mickey Rooney
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently.  ~Henry Ford
There is no failure except in no longer trying.  ~Elbert Hubbard

1 Comments:

Anonymous how to lose 20 pounds in a week said...

Hello rit,

This Crash Diet seem so good to try is will effect even without exercise the lose wait quickly..

September 20, 2012 at 7:26 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home