Blogs > Lighten Up with Margaret

55-year-old Margaret Pizzi of Mentor hopes to battle back from years of physical problems to a healthier life. She's cut out processed foods and diet soda, which is a first step.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I'm still going!

I know it's been while since I've blogged but I'm still here!  Last week I was really working at getting back on track and I've done so!  I felt tired and run down but I kept with the plan and I'm so proud of myself. 

I decided that even though I may feel like at times I have no control over my life I CERTAINLY have control over how I take care of my health.  I'm in the drivers seat.  I'm the one that puts the food in my mouth good or bad.  I'm the one that decides whether to sit on the couch and watch TV or go for a walk or make it to that Zumba class.

Despite having my back flair up I went to Zumba at Tripoint on Monday and Zumba at Pulse Group Fitness on Wednesday and Saturday.  THREE classes of Zumba. Yeah, you've heard it before but I LOVE ZUMBA.  It's so much fun to dance off the calories rather than go on a machine and mindlessly sweat. 

It's so funny, I'm so uncoordinated and frequently still sometimes go left when I'm supposed to go right or mess up the footwork but it doesn't matter with Zumba. It's so forgiving.  I can't do high impact so I do low impact moves. On Saturday I was having a really hard day with low back pain and so i was a little slower, maybe made the moves a little less enthusiastically but I felt better when it was done.  Thank you Donna for starting a regular Wednesday 8pm Zumba class in addition to your Saturday class!

So anyway I kept to my diet since last Monday and Zumba'd off the extra pounds I gained being "bad" and then some.  It makes me feel so good to finally be under 200 pounds.  Since Zumba is such good core work my husband even commented that I "don't look pregnant anymore"....I had mixed feelings about THAT comment since my youngest child is 28yo LOL.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home